Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Google Map helps man to reunite with his Lost Family



Google map helps a man to reunite with his lost family.

Right before his fifth birthday, Brierley fell asleep on a train, waiting for his brother.

"When I woke up the next day, the whole carriage was empty," he says in the video, above. "On a runaway train, a ghost train, taking me I don't know where."

A family in Australia later adopted Brierley, but he never forgot where he came from. Brierley's adoptive mother even kept a map of India in his bedroom.

"I'd wake up every morning seeing that map, and hence, it sort of kept the memories alive," he says. "I'd have flashes of the places that I'd used to go, the flashes of my family faces."

Twenty-five years later, Brierley was browsing Google Maps, when he realized he could useGoogle Earth to view his long-lost home. Together with his photographic memory, Brierley used Google to trace the train he had taken, all the way back to his childhood home.

In 2012, he traveled to the spot he had been mapping, and found his mother, who then called his siblings. The family was finally reunited.

"It was the needle in the haystack, but the needle was there," Brierley says. "Everything we have in the world is at the tap of a button, but you've got to have the will and the determination to wanting it."

No comments:

Post a Comment